|Your task is to :
- examine your local community by using the Australian Bureau
of Statistics data
- examine a "local shopping complex" plan
- write up a proposal on how all the needs of the community
could be met including:
- a floor plan of the shopping centre showing changes that
would reflect better community harmony
- a speciality shop window display
- a menu for two of the eateries
- a model of the exterior of the shopping centre
You will be answering the following questions:
- After looking at your local community information, are there
shops in your "local shopping centre" to cater for these groups?
- How are the older people catered for at the local shops?
- Are there any access issues for wheelchairs, visually
impaired shoppers etc.? Is there a medical centre here? Is there a place to meet?
- Are families catered for? What would they need?
- What about teenagers and kids? Are their needs meet? How?
- What might be other needs of the various groups in the
The big question is: Are the needs of your local
community catered for in your local shopping centre?